Looking back at this week's posts, I realized that they're all somewhat downers. On Monday, there was the General Motors restructuring post. On Tuesday, I told you about a harsh (yet, interspersed with humor) review of the new Honda Insight and then on Wednesday, the bad news about the new CAFE standards. So, I'm taking a break from the dismal automotive news today to lighten things up a little bit by simply listing a few of my favorite television cars.
Yeah, I know. Today's topic is kind of a Nerf toss. But here's the way I see it -- I think we're all getting a little bit burned-out on the bad auto industry news recently. Why not take a few minutes away from some of the real-world misery and have a little fun reminiscing about cars that we truly enjoyed on the small screen?
I've made a short list of a few of the cars that became stars on various television series. In some cases, the car completely stole the show. Anyway, in no particular order, here are a few television cars that I've enjoyed over the years:
- The General Lee from "The Dukes of Hazzard"
- Boss Hogg's Cadillac from "The Dukes of Hazzard"
- K.I.T.T. from "Knight Rider"
- The original Batmobile
- The A-Team van
- The Ferrari Daytona Spyder on "Miami Vice"
- The white Ferrari Testarossa from "Miami Vice"
- The "Beverly Hillbillies" flatbed truck
- Starsky and Hutch's red and white Ford Torino
- The red Ferrari 308 GTS on "Magnum P.I."
- The Coyote from "Hardcastle and McCormick"
- Maxwell Smart's Sunbeam Tiger
- "The Addams Family" limo
- "The Munsters'" Koach
- Grandpa Munster's Dragula car
I know that everyone has their own favorite TV cars, so what are yours?